Monday, April 30, 2012

Mangoes, Mangoes, Mangoes!!!

Well
Once again
It is that time of year

I love Mango Season!!!
Super yummy
And who knew
There were so many types

So
Pretty much everyone
Has a mango tree

....

Unfortunately
For some reason
We have the only farm
In all of Northern Uganda
(at least I am convinced so)
WithOUT a Mango tree

Thank goodness 
For Awesome neighbors!!!

People here
Like to give mangoes as gifts
And I am 
A VERY willing recipient

Anyway
I think people have realized
That we love them
And that...
Well...
:)
We don't have a tree

So lately
We have had
An over-abundance!

Today it hit new heights
And I realized
I needed to take a picture
And share :)

So here it is
Our mango extravaganza!

 So indeed
We are all VERY thankful!
And looking forward
To eating more :)

God bless our good neighbors!


4 comments:

  1. looks like time for a mango pie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish! We don't have an oven at the moment... Prayerfully one of these days they will build a big outdoor one!!! Then mango season will be even sweeter!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for following that last post with a much more pleasant one:) I would love to try a fresh mango right off the tree! Enjoy them while they are so abundant......and don't think about their evil namesake!:)
    Buxton's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I wish I had more sweet posts like this! Prayerfully more to come :)

      Delete