Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Recovered and Rejoicing

Just wanted to thank everyone that has been praying for me and my health! Last Tuesday night I woke up extremely sick. The next day we went to the local clinic where I was tested for malaria. As we suspected I did in deed have malaria. Praise the Lord, we don’t live 100 years ago when there was no treatment for malaria. They gave me my pills and I returned home to rest and recuperate.

Now, a week later, I am thanking the Lord for my returned health! Even when I was sick I could see that the Lord was with me and protecting me from becoming as sick as I could have been. After three days I was feeling almost back to normal and a week later I am having a hard time believing that I even had malaria.

All that to say I am blessed  and won’t be taking my health for granted any time soon!

I am also thankful for all of you who were praying for me and for all of the encouraging notes that I received from friends and family telling me that not only were they praying but that they had been notifying other people to pray for me. I was even on a few church prayer chains! Praise the Lord for the Body of Christ and the power of prayer!

As always, I love and miss you all and hope that you had a blessed Valentines Day



P.S.
To update you all, Emma is doing amazing!

He is walking and even starting to say words now.

His continued improvement blesses my heart!

Here is a picture of him that Summer took a few days ago at a Birthday party.

He is such a peach :)

1 comment:

  1. God is so good! We continue to pray for you, and for everyone there in N.Uganda! We were so happy to hear that your case of Malaria was so mild, and give all praise and glory to the Lord for that!!!!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete